FRISCO, TEXAS (June 27, 2022) Teltech Group, a nationally recognized logistics/supply chain services and asset management company with expertise in technology solutions, is conducting live demonstrations to showcase the unique capabilities of its 2nd generation XTD-120 Tethered Drone Solution at the NATE UAS Expo June 27 and 28 in Valley, Nebraska. The XTD-120 is designed specifically to provide wireless connectivity in crisis situations. The demonstration re-creates how Teltech’s solution was used by Verizon Wireless in Louisiana, August 2020, after Hurricane Laura. Teltech will be flying the same type of cellular equipment used during the catastrophe.
“The force of Hurricane Laura impacted wireless communications services in the disaster area,” said Lisa Hanlon-Knight CEO of Teltech Group. “Verizon’s Response Team used our Tethered Drone solution because of its ability to carry the cell equipment at a high altitude for significant periods of time.”
Teltech Group’s XTD-120 Drone System is designed to carry a large payload for extended flight times with telecommunications and other applications like crisis intervention, dangerous industrial tasks, data collection in remote areas, or even offering patrons connectivity at an outdoor event. The systems are customizable and minimize interference and the threat of data theft, or command or control hacking. The XT-120 Tethered Drone has transformed disaster relief providing:
• Rapid deployment – reliable fly by fiber flight control – up to 500’ (150m) above ground
• Multiple payload options (e.g.: eFemto, small cell, surveillance gear) and 22 pounds of payload capacity
• Designed to support most telecommunications devices
• Onboard power/ fiber optic connectivity through the tether for drone and payload
• Simple and safe purpose-built flight management system
• Multiple fibers for exceptional payload connectivity
• Extended operation*
• “Mobile cell sites which are frequently used in disaster recovery efforts typically require a large vehicle to transport them. With post event debris and devastation, it can be difficult to access the best location for service. Our compact XT-120 Tethered Drone can access many debris-riddled areas and supports long duration flight times and multiple payload connectivity and power options,” said Fraser Pajak, part of the XT120 Tethered Drone Solution design team and member of the Teltech Advisory Board.
For more information about the NATE UAS Expo, visit https://natehome.com/nate-events/2022-nate-uas-expo-registration/
Teltech Group solves business challenges surrounding network asset management, warehousing and logistics, personnel expertise/shortages, and practical utilization of evolving technologies. Since 1999, Teltech Group has successfully operated in the telecommunications industry. Built upon a tradition of “doing it right the first time” and tackling challenges, Teltech has worked with some of the biggest companies in North America. For more information, visit https://teltech.com/ or contact Kim Smith email@example.com or 469.713.3801.
*Periodic ground inspections during extended flight times are recommended.